Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

It's still sooooooooooo HOT

Right now it's 111.  I think that we are in day 34 days of  100 and over.  41 days so far this year.  The forecast is for 100+ for the next week.  I'm getting tired of staying in the house.  My lawn is brown, the crepe myrtle is wilting, and my flowers are dead!  I am dripping water on the myrtle so hopefully it won't die. 
I did go to a quilt show in Fort Worth today.  Very small show but the quilts on display were really nice.  I did spend to much money in the vendor area.
When I bought my Bernina 440 sewing machine, they gave me a whole bunch of fat quarters by Benartex called Flower Show.  I finally found a very easy  pattern that I could use these in.  It's called Seattle Streets.  The blocks are 12"x12".  I'm making it 5 blocks x 6 blocks.  Don't know what I'm going to do with it after I get it done but at least I am finally using up those fat quarters that I've had for quite a few years!  Sweetie likes it, colorful it is......


I've got one column done and the second one laid out.   That's about all the ramblings that I've got  today.
Jean

2 comments:

Lou said...

It was good talking to you and Sweetie. Really like the colors and design squares of the quilt.
Stay cool over there.

Birdie said...

I like it too. Glad you got the idea - looks perfect for your fabric!