Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Long time in posting

I just noticed that it's been 10 days since I last posted.  That show you how busy (or not) I've been.  You guessed it, I'm not busy at all.  I have cut up my plastic bags into 1 1/4" strips.  I will be locker hooking them come this winter.  It's to hot to work with plastic right now.  With a little bit of rain over the weekend and cooler temps, I still didn't do anything.  At least when it was 100+, I could blame the laziness  lack of progress on the heat. It's suppose to go back up in the low 100s this week  so maybe I'll get a little more energenic. 
I did work on my quilt.  It's coming along pretty good but it take time because I just don't want to screw it up.  Like it looks like I could do that with all the crazy squares!  Anyway, in my last post I mentioned that I didn't know what I was going to do with it once it was finished.  I talked to my oldest Sis and she will be the owner of it when it is done.  Here are a couple of pictures of my progress:

The blocks are completed.  I just need to press them and square them off.  Then I have to put a black strip between the blocks and black strips between the rows, quilt and bind then it's done!!!  The size is about 60x70.
Grandpa went and got little grandson, Jake, his first pair of shoes on Friday.  He has adjusted very well in them.  Actually, he got 2 pairs.  The other pair is for when he is walking on his own.  It won't be long before he starts.  Right now he grabs your fingers and takes off and you better be ready to go with him.
Update on Tanner:  He isn't coping very well with Bennie leaving him.  He just seems to want to sleep all day.  But at least he has started 'talking' again.  He hops in the car and gets the paper with Bill.  He loves to ride in the car.
That's about it for the day.....
Jean

5 comments:

Lou said...

The quilt is beautiful. Older Sis will love it. Glad to hear that Tanner is doing better. Our "kids" are doing pretty good. They now are in charge of the house! Lol!
Take care and hope to talk to you soon.
Love, Lou

Birdie said...

The quilt is really going to be wonderful!! It has been soooo long since I've seen you guys. We need a girls day....just got to get Cheryl better! Maybe rather than shopping, we can just meet and sew (Yak!) I'm glad that Tanner is getting back to himself, poor baby.

Anonymous said...

wonderfull job

Cheryl said...

wonderfull top

Anonymous said...

here again