Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

First post of the New Year!

I've not posted before today because my life has been a little boring.  My girlfriend wanted an update of my Orca Bay Mystery quilt that I've been working on.  Here it is.


Tanner testing to see if it will make a nice quilt for him!



Blocks with a 'dark' center

Block with a 'light' center

Showing the 'dark' block as the main blockThe directions call for this setting.

Showing the 'light' block as the main block
Out of the two, I don't know which way I like the best.  Maybe I will try a different setting.  That is after I get all the little pieces finished.  There are approximately 4,000 pieces of fabric in the quilt.  That's why it's taking me so long to finish it.  (That's my excuse)  I have all the dark and light blocks , all the little blue squares, over 1/2 the red triangles, all the brown triangles cut, and all the white triangles cut for the border are done.  That's the update on Orca Bay!

I think that I'll find another quilt that I want to do.  I can do two at once.  I'm a little bored with the Orca Bay and all the little pieces, even though I'm about 1/2 of the way done.  I might get it done by Christmas.

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love it! I know that I would not have the patiance to do this quilt. Wait! Oh Yea! I should never say never because sooner or later I end up doing the project.
I am so glad Tanner approved.