Bill and I arrived home on Sunday after a whirlwind trip. It's about 1500 miles one way to my hometown. It took us 2 1/2 driving days to get there. We did make a stop to see Bill's brothers in the coal mine region in Schuylkill County (north of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania). It was good to see all 4 brothers together. About 3 in the afternoon they decided they were going to play golf. Okay. It's about 60 degrees with the wind blowing about 30mph. Need I say that it was COLD. Remember we left Texas when it was 90 degrees. Big difference. They finished playing about 6:30. I couldn't wait to get out of there because of the cold. After spending the night, we left in the morning to go to see my sister in Sussex County, New Jersey.
Bill and my brother in law, Gary, took Gary's Model A truck back to storage because it was going to rain. Rain it did, every day we were there and at night too. It was very scary for us to be there because they live in bear country. I was very cautious when ever I went outside.
Janet and I went shopping, somewhat. Neither one of us like to shop but it was fun just looking around at the different things. I did buy some birch beer soda for my son. He requested that I bring some back for him. All four of us also went to Mt. Airy Casino in the Pocono Mts. in Pennsylvania. If you remember my sister has ovarian cancer and she had lost her hair from chemo. She went and got her hair cut like Jamie Leigh Curtis. It looked so great on her and I figured that my hair is also natural curly and I wanted mine to look like hers. So I got it cut.
| Janet and Jean |
It is soooooooo short, the shortest in my life, but it will grow soon and then it will be long enough to be wavy and curly.
The next picture was taken heading north on I-81 just north of Roanoke, Virginia. The Blue Ridge mountain range is in the distance. It's a panorama picture using my Kodak camera.
| Blue Ridge Mt. range near Roanoke Virginia |
Here is a picture of my celery plant. It's coming along just great!
I went for a CT scan today. It was to 'map' where they are going to do the radiation. That will start in 5 to 10 days. I'm feeling just great. No energy, but feeling good.








0 comments:
Post a Comment