Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Excitement

Well, it's excitement for me anyway.  I ordered EQStitch by Electric Quilt.  It should be delivered on Monday.  Anticipation is not a strong enough word for what I'm going through just waiting.   I don't usually tell anyone about the stupid things that I do, but, this one takes the cake!  I had been checking the EQ site everyday for the new software that was announced in January.  Finally, it's been released.  Okay, get my American Express card out, fill in my order, put in my card number and hit GO.  Card denied.  What???  I double checked everything, it seemed okay,  hit GO.  Card denied.  I did this 3 times.  Then I go to Bill's computer and use his card, same thing, denied.  By now I'm really upset.  Did sweet hubby pay last month's bill??  (It's easy to blame him)  Called AMEX and they said that the charges were on there 4 times and it was not denied.  WHAT??  I thought it was denied.  I called Electric Quilt, they said it was denied 4 times.  What is going on?  I also asked if they would happen to know why it was denied.  Yes, they knew, the security code was not correct.  Dummy me or stupid me entered the wrong number.  It all worked out okay because I verbally gave EQ all my info, hence, I get the software.  Lesson learned.
I had ordered a quilt book and  templates to make a quilt that I just fell in love with.  The book's title is Melon Block by Elisa Wilson.  The quilt in the book is black & white with a little red in it.  The one I made is black and little blue flowers with a white background.  I ran out of the fabric that I had.  It was from a friend and I certainly couldn't ask her where she got it so I could get more.  She had died over a year ago.  Here is a picture of it.

65" Square 

Individual block

After I made this, I thought 'Wow, it's easy to sew curves'.  So I decided to do a tablerunner.  I need a new one for my dining room table.  I got it done and then I had to quilt it.  I am tired to doing meandering stitches so I thought that I'll just experiment on the different free motion quilting on this table runner.  Now I just need to buy a new tablecloth.  Here are the pictures:

My new table runner.

Front of table runner

The back shows the quilting better



We replaced our two heating and a/c units.  The old units had heat strips in them, the new ones have heat pumps.  Let's hope that the electric bill goes down.  Pretty soon we'll have everything replaced.  I'm still waiting to get the hardwood floor put down in my sewing/computer room.
The Dallas Quilt show is in two weeks and I'M GOING!  With my friends of course.  Wouldn't be the same without them.  We all love going to quilt shows and shopping the vendors.  After the show we are headed to a fabric warehouse to, what else, buy fabric.  Just like any of us need more fabric.
That's it for now.



1 comments:

Cheryl said...

Busy busy bee Jean!!! Looking good. Your quilting is cool! Love your quilt and table runner. Keep going girl! You inspire me