My niece did have her baby girl the last day of January. Looking at her picture she is such a beautiful chubby baby and looks like her Mommy.
As I said earlier, I've been sewing up a storm so that I can get some of these scraps gone. So far I've made 4 scrap quilts and I didn't even put a dent in the 5 containers. This is the last one that I've been working on all week into the wee hours making the solid 12" blocks. The star block centers are 6" and they were a breeze. I finished up today putting it together. I saw the pattern in Quiltmaker Mar/Apr 2013 Issue. It's the one on the cover and is called Star Splitter. Anyway it was done with a yellow background which I thought was horrible. I liked the layout so I made it with a white background. Everything is scraps. Here's a picture minus the borders. Right now it's 73"x 90". It will fit either a king or queen when finished.
| Close up of the blocks |
| Entire quilt |
I can see my 2 featherweights just sitting there naked and gathering dust when I'm sewing. I figured that I should get busy and make some 'blankets' for them.
| Naked and dusty. |
| Warm and clean. |
The Super Bowl is on right now and you can see how interested I am about it. I don't like either of the teams playing and now is a good time to update my blog. That's about it from here, till next time....................................








1 comments:
Love your quilt top. The covers on the little sewing machines are so cute!!!
You do such great work!
Post a Comment