Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

I'm baaaaack .......

One short week seemed like 2 weeks.  Hubby and I made a quick trip to Florida to see my family.  My sister from New Jersey traveled to Florida to visit with her new granddaughter and Bill and I decided to headed on over there to see her.  (Like Texas is a short hop to Florida???).  We left last Sunday and hit rain all the way through Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama.  It seemed like we were in a car wash for 2 days, that's how hard it rained and why it took that long to get there.  Anyway, it was a great visit with my two sisters (one lives in Florida) and my big brother.  Here are a couple of not so good pictures.

From left to right:  Brother Bob, Me, Brother in law Gary, sister Janet.
 

Three Sisters - Jean - Donna - Janet




The day before I left, I made a large lap quilt using 1 package of a layer cake  (about 40 pieces of fabric that is 10" square).  I finished the top in ONE day.  Easiest pattern I've ever made.  Here is a picture of it:
My one day lap quilt - just need to put it together then quilt it.


 We can't forget my celery.  It needs to be planted now.  Hopefully, I should get it done by the middle of this week.  It's looking good!


Started 2/28/2013






Bill got the lawn mowed today.  It was real high in spots and brown in others, but it's looking great.
My granddaughter has surgery tomorrow and I think I'll head on down to the surgical center to be with my son while the operation on her knee is taking place.

If I didn't lead such a boring life, I would have more to write about!




1 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love the pictures!! You three could be twins.

Your top is georgous! In one day? Wow

You got green!

Looking good!