Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

I've been sewing a little bit

I got back into sewing a little.  Today I made a rug, well almost done.  The instructions are on modabakeshop.com.  Since I wasn't sure if I could do it, I used Christmas fabric.  It's turning out okay, but not the greatest.  I think that instead of 'eye balling' the straightness of the rows that I would use a (gasp) ruler to make sure that it was straight.
Here is a picture of the not finished rug.  I need to trim it up and put a binding on it yet.

Woven fabric rug 20" x 30"



When I was in Arizona, I bought the Accuquilt Go! die for a log cabin block.  Joanns had 40% off so I made Bill go with me to get one.  I've used it to cut out 16 log cabin blocks.  Wow, it is so fast and easy to use.  Cuts every piece I would use in a block.



I'm also making a king size quilt for my son, per his request.  Since I had started a quilt before I left for Arizona, I thought that I'd use that for the center.  Then I made some Log Cabin blocks and put them around.


Beginning of a king size quilt

This is the sunflower that grew from the seeds the birds dropped from the feeder which is out of sight above the flower.




I know the date on the pictures are wrong.  I've reset it to the correct date but it keeps going back to this old date.  Maybe I need new batteries??

Thank goodness that it's almost May and that the April showers might go away.  Today is very overcast and with a little drizzle once in awhile.  I'm so ready for warmth.

0 comments: