Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It's been awhile

I've been busy doing a lot of things and not necessarily fun things.  The week is starting out not so good.  When Bill got up on Sunday, he noticed that the floor was wet by the kitchen sink.  Come to find out the garbage disposal was leaking.  So a trip to Lowe's to get a new one.  Bill got it installed in no time.  Monday the yard guys were here to cut down a tree.  Bill had noticed that we had a tree that was splitting right down the middle.  I'm not sure if the drought caused it or not.  They cut down the worst part of it and we are hoping that the rest of it will survive.  While the yard guys were here they also removed a few shrubs and plants from the front of the house that had died from lack of water.  Yesterday I mowed the back yard.  This was like I was back on the farm.  The wind was blowing and it blew the dry grass/hay right back at me.  It did smell pretty good though.  I was filthy after I got done, but the yard looks so much better.
The little grandkids were here for a visit on Sunday.  I haven't seen the big granddaughters in quite a while.  I guess they are just busy with school and activities.  It's hard to believe that the oldest will be 17 in a couple of weeks.  Wow, where did the years go.  It seems like she was just a baby.  Now she is a junior in high school.  Pretty soon she will be off to college.  The younger one will be in high school soon.
I haven't done much sewing lately, maybe today.  I bought a couple of sweatshirts to turn into jackets. All I need to do is put a zipper in them and sew some pockets to the inside.  If I would get off the computer and start on them, they would be done within an hour.  With that being said, catch y'all later
Jean

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

Busy Busy Busy. You are a busy lady. Happy that you got your family together what fun.
I agree about the time. Kora is 4 and it seems that just yesterday I held her in my arms at the hospital. Days seem to go slow sometimes but months and years go so fast. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your sweetshirts.