Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Feels like summer

Yesterday's temp was 84 and today it's suppose to be around 82.  Not bad for Nov. 14th.  As I tell Bill, it's one day closer to Spring!  I re-potted some of my plants that were looking sick.  The reason is because of the extreme heat this summer.  My little sad looking Christmas Cactus has a couple of buds on it.
Maybe this is a sign that it will be back to it's glorious beauty.
Christmas Cactus

I made my older sister a purse that goes over the chest.  When she was visiting me and we went to the casino she wanted one to use.  I didn't have the time to make her one before we went so she 'borrowed' mine.  My favorite color is red so the purse was trimmed in red.  Her favorite color is blue so the one that I made her is trimmed in blue.  I altered the pattern a bit but overall it's looks the same.  I also made her matching eyeglass case that she can clip onto the purse.  Well, that turned out a disaster but I'm making her take it anyway!  The strap is adjustable so you can make it to go on the shoulder.  The pocket in the front shows where to put your cell phone.  Now just to get to the PO to mail it out to her.

Wavy Top Purse

Showing the cell phone pocket with flap.







 I still haven't quilted my latest quilt top.  Maybe today.  I did buy some invisible thread to quilt it.  That will make it a new experience for me.  It can't be that bad....... here's hoping!

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love you purse. That is the type of purse
I want. Hope ur Christmas cactus comes
back