Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

A few new things in my life

Since it has been almost a month that I have posted, I am way behind on the new things that I have acquired.  The first is a 'new' 1945 Singer Featherweight 221-1.  I am really thrilled to have this little one.  Here is a picture of the beauty:



I haven't tried it out yet, but will be soon.  I just love the featherweights because I can fix them.  Nothing is electronic except the motor.  On my other featherweight, I have taken the tension off and completely apart, cleaned it up and put it back on and it works just fine.

My other thing is my new car.  Bill said that I could get a new one this year and after looking and looking and having a hard time deciding, this is what I ended up with:


It's a 2013 Cadillac XTS.  When you look at the radio, you will notice that there are no knobs.  Everything is touch screen or voice controlled.  I'm almost afraid to drive it!  My beloved CTS is going to go to another loving home!

Also this month I had my friends come over.  Cheryl, Bobbi, and Don.  Don had called me and wanted me to teach him how to make a quilt. I did show Don how to free motion quilt.  He was an excellent student.  He picked up on the technique very fast and got it perfect!  I can't wait to see the quilt that he will make.

That's it from a very welcomed rainy afternoon in Texas.

0 comments: