Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Happy rainy Thursday

I started my day by getting up at the ungodly hour of 6 a.m.  My son was here at 7:15 a.m. and away the three of us go to an estate sale in Weatherford that started at 8.  It was a BIG disappointment.  But I did manage to spend $3.50.  I bought 7 folding  containers.  I didn't think  $.50 each was a bad price and they look like they have never been used.  I don't have anything in mind to use them for right now, but, I will!


This weekend they are having a neighborhood garage sale at a subdivision near me and if the rain will hold off, I think I will head on over there to see what I might find.


When I was out west, I was going to crochet some slippers for my stepdaughter.  The yarn that I bought was not the type to use, so I started a chain then proceeded to half double crochet back and forth.  I crochet a few rows every night and I take it with me if I have to wait in a doctor's office.  This variegated yarn is so soft I thought that it would make a nice cozy throw.


I'm also quilting a queen size quilt, no pictures until I finish it.  I'm not working on it everyday so it might be awhile before I get it finished.

Bill's favorite chair broke from so much use.  We put the recliners in the spare room and brought out the wing back chairs.  I need wanted to have my feet up and I wasn't about to go buy an ottoman.  I took the foot stool from my porch set and recovered it.  You can't tell that it's made with PVC pipe.  The chair's color is maroon but it look like a purple in the picture.  It does match the footstool perfectly.



The last picture is of my celery plant.  I'm not sure if it's suppose to be this way but for sure - it's still alive.

That's about it from not so sunny Texas!

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

Your containers look good
Love your crocheting
Doing good with the lettuce
Sounds like you r having fun
I forgot you crouched
Your footstool looks really neat!