Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

What happened????

The beginning of October the temps were in the 100s.  Today the high at 2 p.m. is 53.  Tell me winter is not here.  At least it will be back up to the upper 70s in a few more days.
I didn't go fabric shopping today.  I had a sinus headache (again) and I wasn't up to shopping.  So what have I been doing?...............  Making a small quilt.  The pattern is called Hunter's Star.  Since I have been trying to use what I have in my stash, I came up with this color combination.

Hunter's star from a distance to get the true look

Close up but a washed out look.  The rows are not sewn together yet

The HST (1/2 square triangles) and blocks to be sewn

I cut all of my pieces on my GO! cutter.  I'm getting a true 2 1/2" HST and true 4 1/2" blocks.  It didn't take very long to cut these out.  I think that I will not have enough fabric to do the borders.  I will most likely use plain black and the gold fabric that is in the quilt.  I have maybe only 1 or 2 points that don't line up perfectly.  Here's hoping that the rest go as easy as the start of this.
Jean

2 comments:

Birdie said...

Jean, the Hunter's Star is gorgeous!

Cheryl said...

I would not have put these fabrics together
Now that I see what you have done I would
Put them together

The quitt is beautiful and classy. Your Go machine
Is so cool! I think that is what I want for
Christmas.

I am happy that you help me pick out my
Materials (even when I can't see it) lol