Christmas is getting here just to darn fast. I've still got some more shopping to do for the 2 oldest granddaughters. Bill and I shopped a little bit for them but didn't get all that we wanted. Maybe within the next couple of days. We couldn't go yesterday or today because we had 2 little sick monsters. Their dad had final exams both days and couldn't miss them. The granddaughter has strep throat and the little rug rat has a double ear infection. Considering how sick they were, they were really good. This picture doesn't look like they are sick.
 |
| Little brother loves big sister |
|
|
|
Needless to say, I didn't get much sewing in. After they left today, I did get some red string blocks done for my step 4 of Bonnie Hunter's (Quiltville) Orca Bay Mystery Quilt. I need 65 blocks that are cut in half to make triangles. I got 10 done!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't even start on step 3. Maybe when the holiday season slows down I'll get caught up.
 |
| Step 4 Red string blocks cut in half for triangles. |
|
|
|
I did decorate - if you want to call it that - the tree and mantle. I was looking for a simple look. I think I got that - real simple. I did make the tree skirt this past weekend. I used a 9 degree wedge (which I borrowed from my friend) to cut 40 wedges, sewed them together, and lightly quilted it. It will do.
 |
| My simple tree |
 |
| My simple mantle. |
|
|
I couldn't put anything in front of the fireplace because that is Tanner's sleeping area. I did the best that my non decorating skills will allow.
 |
| Looks better showing the mantle and tree together. |
I wish that I had been a good girl this year but I think Santa is only going to leave me some coal in my stocking. Do you think if I'm good for the next 11 days I might get something under this tree??? We shall see!
0 comments:
Post a Comment