Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Excitement and a surprise!

I talked to my girlfriend early this afternoon to see how she was doing.  She informed me that she will be having surgery next Wednesday.  I asked her if I could come over and pick up some fabric that she had at her house and to see her.  I was suppose to get it last week but the sinus headache monster visited with me instead. Anyway, after I get to her house, I was informed that our other friend was meeting us.  I had known that she had made Cheryl  a wall hanging and she was going to give it to her.  The excitement started to rise in me because I knew Cheryl would just be so thrilled with her gift..  When Birdie got there she had 2 gifts instead of one.  I thought well since Cheryl is having surgery, Birdie got her a little gift to lift her spirits.    The surprise was that the other gift was for me.  Wow, now my excitement level is super high because I'm the one that got the surprise!


Cheryl with her columbine wall-hanging quilt

 This is an explanation from Birdie's blog:
Cheryl is from Colorado, so I painted columbine on her quilt.  It is acrylic ink painted on plain cotton fabric.  I heat set it, but I also told her not to wash it!  Because it is ink instead of paint, I wasn't sure if I could mix textile medium with it as I would normally do.  This was my first experience with ink.  She doesn't look like she minds, does she?!



   
Jean with her wall hanging quilt
 Here is an explanation from Birdie's blog:
A poem by Suzy Toronto entitled, "She Who Believes in Herself" is embroidered (by machine) on Jean's quilt. Jean is the quilt expert in our little flock, so I just had to do something "quilty".  Yes, that's Ms. Jean on the quilt - can you tell? I painted the flesh parts, appliqued her clothing, and added a mini quilt tacked loosely onto the main quilt.  My daughter-in-law discovered the coordinating floral fabric, and it's perfect!

Here is a close up picture of 'me'.  Birdie did me perfectly; t-shirt, bootcut jeans, and bare feet.  Oh, and the curly hair!
Can y'all tell that I'm excited?

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

Boy was that fun! I enjoyed having you two visit as well as your hubby. I enjoyed being able to see your excitement
Love you blog. Merry christmas