Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Breast Cancer

I'm going to make a little 'speech' here.  Mid September 2011 I had a mammogram , I also had a CA125 blood test (for cancer) because my big sis has ovarian cancer and my mom died from kidney cancer.  Both of these test came back normal.  The end of January while doing the self breast exam, I felt a lump.  Bill was sick and I didn't make an appointment with my doctor until February.  He ordered another mammogram and ultra sound test.  They came back highly suspicious.  I was then referred to a surgeon and had a core needle biopsy.  This showed that I had Stage 1 Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma  with the tumor being 1.8 cm.
The bottom line is - PLEASE do a self exam every month no matter if you just had a mammo.  I am so happy that I do and that my cancer was caught really early.
Last Thursday (Mar 22) I went into the hospital for out patient lumpectomy or partial mastectomy surgery.  They removed the cancerous tumor and some lymph nodes under the arm.  They got all the tumor and the lymph nodes were cancer free.  Today I go see the surgeon and after that appointment I see my oncologist.  Talk has been that I will have radiation 5x a week for six weeks.  Today is the first day that I feel as if I have some energy.  It's also the first day on the computer.

Anyway, I have been taking care of my celery.  I planted it in dirt last Wednesday.  It seems to grow quite fast.  The tomato seeds are also doing great.  I have to wait a little while before I transplant them.  Here's my celery:

5 days after planting

Can't forget my flower tower



Do your self breast exam NOW !!!!!

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yes mam! Soon as I get home. Love ur plants!