Boy, did I ever get a good going over from the Oncologist. I was there from 2:30 to 5. I'm in excellent health except for the cancer (duh!). Nothing has been settled as to what treatment I'm going to get. We are going to wait for the results of the OncotypeDX test. I call it a DNA test. They will test some genes in the tumor to find out if I'll be prone to have a recurrence of cancer either in the breast or elsewhere in my body. It takes about 3 weeks for the test results to come back. I checked on the internet and found that the average cost for this testing is around $4000! Yikes, thank goodness I have great medical insurance. Today was the last of my visiting nurse. My surgeon took out the drain tubes (2) and released me. I don't need to see her for 3 months. I'm under NO restrictions and the best news is that I can take a shower. Everyone around me will be happy to hear that!
I ordered a medical alert bracelet tonight. I need it because of the removal of the lymph nodes under my arm. The doctor told me NEVER to have blood pressure readings or any kind of needle in that arm. If I do, I may get Lymphedema. So my new bracelet will have that info on it.
Sorry no pictures today, the celery is growing but I'll wait a week to take pictures so you aren't bored by my enthusiasm for the celery.
I 'm going shopping tomorrow to get the little grandson some outside toys. Bill wants to get him some John Deere tractors and/or trucks.
And the best news yet, my girlfriend may come and visit me on Friday!
The second best news, I'm starting to feel the need to sew!
Since it's tomorrow already, I better get some sleep so I'm wide awake to shop.
13 years ago








0 comments:
Post a Comment