Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

My extended weekend guests

Bill and I had a fantastic long weekend with my sister and brother-in-law. 

Back:  Jean and Bill                      Front:  Gary and Janet
My sister doesn't normally have real short hair but she had just finished up her chemo and she is in remission from that terrible cancer.
Janet and Jean
 I know that you can't tell from this picture but when we were younger, people thought that we were twins.   Janet and I went shopping at the mall and some other stores along the way while Bill and Gary went shopping at their kind of stores.  We also went to the casino and had a really great time.  We spent the night at the casino hotel.  And then........... it was time to say good bye.  It was such a short visit and I wish it could have been longer.  They headed off to Arizona to visit with their son and his family.

I did do a little sewing.  I made some slippers for the young grandson.
Ethan's slipper 
  I know they look like the ones I made for him last year, but these are bigger and since he is walking, I put grippies for the soles.  I used the rest of that flannel so I won't be making more with that fabric.  When I see him, I'll try them on him to see if they fit.  If they do, I will make him a couple more pair.   I tried to sew some on the Hunter's Star quilt but I made so many mistakes that I just turned the sewing machine off and walked away!  Tomorrow I will undo my mistakes.  They aren't that bad, I just sewed the blocks together WRONG.  Warning:  Don't sew when you can't concentrate!

That's all from my little abode..........
Jean

2 comments:

Birdie said...

I still think you and your sister look like each other! Glad you had a nice visit. I need to make baby booties for Baby A...Yours are soooo cute!

Cheryl said...

I am happy that u and ur sister got to visit. You
And her do look like twins, especially when
U guys smile
Love the slippers.