Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

I want to wish all my family and friends a Very Happy New Year.
Today has been extremely warm.  The high today was 77 but a cold front from our Canadian friends will be here later on tonight.  Then we should be back to our normal temperatures.
I didn't do any sewing today.  I sorted and put away fabric that a dear friend gave to me.  Visions of quilts danced through my head as I was fondling the fabric.  Anyway, my New Year's Resolution is to get this sewing room/studio cleaned up from all the Christmas sewing.  It's a disaster right now.  After I get it cleaned then I can work on my Orca Bay.  The last clue comes out tomorrow and I sure ain't ready......
I did do some sewing last night.  I made 2 pot holders.  I used my Go! to cut them out using the tumbler block.  They are good enough to use at the microwave.

Using the Go! to cut these potholders.
Today I finished taking down the Christmas decorations and putting the living room back to order.  After all the exhausting work, I made dessert for tomorrow's dinner.  We are having Corned Beef and Cabbage with potatoes and carrots.  It's suppose to bring good luck in the new year.  Being from New Jersey and I listened to what my Mom told me, I have this every year.  Texans here eat peas/beans for the good luck.  Not sure which one.  I'll stick to my corned beef and cabbage (New England Boiled Dinner).  Here's some pictures of my desserts:

Bread Pudding with NO raisins

Cherry Cheesecake
I'm going to make Rice Pudding in the morning without raisins.  I hate raisins but my brother and sisters love them.  They aren't coming for dinner - and it's their loss!  (I still wouldn't put raisins in the puddings if they did come)  I am also having Carrot Cake and there is ice cream in case the little ones would rather have that. 
That's about it from the happy home of Jean!

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

Happy New Year!!!! May God bless us with a joyfull, healthy, happy, new year with lots of laughter.
Can we come for your meal. Cheese cake yum yum!