I finished the oldest granddaughter's quilt today. It's not a quilt to keep warm, it's to snuggle with. I had gone thorough my scraps a couple of months ago and used my Go! cutter to cut up the scraps into useable shapes. With the bigger pieces I cut the tumbler blocks. I had a bunch of them and that's what I used to make the quilt. I left the sides 'natural' and didn't even them off. But dummy me should have sewn the back to the front, right sides together then turn it right side out THEN quilt it. I didn't think of that until I was binding it. Oh well, maybe next time. The size is 40' x 58'.
Sweetie took me to the Casino yesterday. I did win (not a bunch) and saved some money for my fabric shopping trip on Thursday with the girls.
It has just been unbearable lately. Today it's been humid (39%). I know that it isn't that high for say someone living in Florida but it's high here. It got up to 104 today. AND no end in sight. I guess I'll just stay home and not venture out in this weather.
I'm going to try to make a new purse. I've got a pattern that I reduced by 25%. It still looked to big so I took that one and reduced it down 15% more. It may or may not be small enough. I will just have to see how it comes out. I'm outa here to cut some fabric for my new purse.
13 years ago








4 comments:
I like the quilt. I am sure oldest granddaughter will like it fine. I am sure any thing that Grandma makes is great. Glad you had a good time at the Casino.
Talked to big sister ...she is hanging in there.
Take care and say hello to Sweetie.
Dont forget to take a picture of the purse you make.
The quilt looks really nice. I am so enveious. I can't even get into my space. The air conditioner over there isn't working. Well, I can keep busy opening boxes and finding places for all my new stuff. The stuff I brought back from mom's. I'm anxious to see your new purse on Thursday.
Unknown is me Cheryl. Apparentlyt I haven't figured out everything about this blog!
Post a Comment